Wednesday, June 10, 2009

GET: Smythson of Bond Street


In honour of my upcoming travels, I decided to feature an exquisite manufacturer of delightful travel goods (among other lovely things!). Smythson began creating luxury leather goods and stationery in 1887 in London. I came across this lovely brand for the first time not too long ago when I was taking a stroll along Via Rodeo. I was flabbergasted when I walked in - someone obsessed with stationery and leather goods should be careful in there! Imagine personalized leather notebooks that say things like "wine memoranda", "brunches, lunches, suppers, dinners" and "yummy mummy". Imagine incredible stationery made of the finest paper my fingers have ever touched. You should know that Smythson's clients have included the likes of Queen Victoria and Grace Kelly. But what gets me the most is their travel wallet - it comes in delightful colours such as peppermint and coral and has leather dividers for all your travel needs - tickets, passport, documents and other. It makes me crazy to even talk about it!

Smythson of Bond Street
In Los Angeles:
222 N. Rodeo Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
www.smythson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment