Monday, June 8, 2009

EAT: American Girl Cafe


This weekend I ventured into the doll emporium known as American Girl Place. If you haven't heard of it (like me, because we don't have this in Canada), its a company that makes dolls for young ladies that either look like your daughter, or you can choose from an array of historical characters. At first the store is a little creepy (as my husband Rich so eloquently noted while walking through the store) because its full of dolls and thousands of outfits to dress them up in. I think its pretty damn cool because I would have loved to dress the same as my dolly when I was a little girl. But it gets better - you can take your doll to this store and have her hair done (no joke), you can take her to the doll hospital (weird, I know), take professional photos with her, or best of all, take her to lunch. The cafe is divine; I walked in and actually was kind of jealous I didn't have a dolly to dine with. The dining room is beautifully decorated. The girls were being served high tea on multi-tiered trays with various treats. No soda - only pink lemonade will do. Best of all, "treat seats" are provided so your dolly can dine right alongside you. I mean, why didn't I think of this??

www.americangirl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment