Tuesday, July 7, 2009

More Chocolate! Edelweiss in Beverly Hills


Today I had a very special treat. In honour of Sage's birthday (Happy Birthday Sage!), we took a stroll down to the best little chocolate shop in Beverly Hills. Edelweiss opened its doors in 1942 and has been a chocolate maker of delicious delights ever since. We had the pleasure of getting a little behind the scenes tour and watched them make chocolate baskets from a giant vat of melted chocolaty soup. We also saw the chocolate conveyor belt that was the inspiration for the famous I Love Lucy chocolate episode; Lucille Ball was a faithful Edelweiss customer. Some of you may not know about my obsession with chocolate, and to see firsthand a pool of chocolate made me a little crazy. For those chocolate lovers out there, take a stroll down Canon Drive and pop your head into this little piece of heaven. Every kind of chocolate you can imagine - the chocolate pretzels are my fave. Now I have to go eat some sugarfree chocolate (diets suck).

Edelweiss Chocolates
444 North Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
www.edelweisschocolates.com

No comments:

Post a Comment